The Posh Shed Company products are built to last.
We only use good quality materials and each stage of the design, build and finishing process is carried out by skilled craftsmen in our Herefordshire workshops.
Being a wooden product in an British climate there will be a little maintenance needed to ensure that your product remains in tip top condition, but provided this is carried out, we would expect it to last for many years.
A Posh Shed Company product has the following guarantees
- The product is guaranteed against structural and design defect for 2 years. (This does not cover acts of vandalism, misuse or exceptional natural events)
Walls and general construction
- Timber that is tanolised is guaranteed against rot and insect attack for 10 years
- As long as the maintenance instructions are adhered the product will last for many years.
- If Polycarbonate glazing sheet has been used it is guaranteed unbreakable for the life of the product
- Felt shingle roof finishes are guaranteed for 5 years
- Cedar shingle roof finishes are guaranteed for 10 years
- Slate effect roof finishes are guaranteed for 10 years
Maintenance that is required
- Ensure that an air gap is maintained under the base and around all sides; check on an annual basis to ensure that there is not a build-up of debris.
- If small mould growths appear on the inside this is due to lack of air circulation, the solution is to wipe down with a diluted bleach solution as soon as visible.
- The wood preservative paint will need re-coating every so often; this does depend on the prevailing weather conditions but should be carried out at least once every two years.
- A squirt of WD40 into the lock annually
If you did experience any problems do please get in touch and we will always try and resolve any issues.