- What sort of base do I need for my shed?
- What size does my base need to be?
- How long will my shed take to be built and delivered?
- Will they deliver and install my shed in one day?
- How long will my shed take to install?
- Will my shed be waterproof?
- What will happen if something goes wrong with my shed?
- How long will the paint last?
- How long is my shed guaranteed for?
- I have no access to my garden, can my shed go through my house?
- Can I take my shed with me if I move house?
- Can my shed go against a boundary?
- What are the slates made from?
- Tell me about the Cedar Shingles
- What is your breathable waterproof membrane made of?
- What type of wood do you use?
- Do you ship outside of UK?
What sort of base do I need for my shed?
All Posh Sheds are built with a solid base which acts as the floor inside. This is exterior grade 18mm plywood which we seal on top to prevent staining from any spillages.
This Plywood is fixed to 38mm (1.5”) thick bearers which are pressure treated to prevent rot, and sit straight onto the prepared base. In between the plywood and the bearers a layer of waterproof membrane is laid out and overlaps around the edges. This prevents any dampness rising up into the walls or floor. For this to work effectively it is important that the space created by the bearers is left clear at each side to allow air to flow freely.
While this construction is very rigid it does need to sit on a level prepared base which will provide support evenly. It is not sufficient to rely on level grass or soil as this does not allow water to drain away freely and may become water logged in just one area allowing the shed to sink or move.
Click for more on these Base options;
It is also important to remember that the size of the sheds we talk about refer to the internal floor size and the storage space inside. There is an overhang of the roof all the way around so the site has to leave clearance against fences, walls and trees of at least 460mm (18”).